Monday, January 25, 2010

Check This Out: First Concept Art Image from Pixar's Cars 2

1

Of all the sequels they could have chosen, WHY CARS??!

I. Want. INCREDIBLES 2!!!!!!!!!!!

SINESTROOOO on Jan 25, 2010

2

japan eh? looks interesting.

katieD on Jan 25, 2010

3

Completely agree #1, Cars is the worst pixar film, why choose that for a sequel. I dont want pixar to start pumping out sequels like dreamworks, keep the ideas fresh like WALLE.

Franzen93 on Jan 25, 2010

4

I'm with 1 and 3, I'd rather see a "A Bugs Life" sequel than Cars 2. Pixar only has two new films underway "Newt" from Brenda Chapman and "The Bear and the Bow" from Gary Rydstorm, along with Monster's Inc 2 and Toy Story 3, they should focus on those not Cars 2!

Xerxex on Jan 25, 2010

5

I really hope Pixar doesn't just start pumping out sequel after sequel. Not to mention I thought Cars was one of the weaker movies.

germs on Jan 25, 2010

6

Why make a Cars sequel? Because of all the movies Pixar ever made, Cars was the most financially successful when you take into account merchandising. Not to mention, although it was probably the least popular among adults, it was hands down the most popular movie Pixar made with kids 8 and under, aside from Toy Story that is. My job has me working inside 5 or 6 customer houses a day, and guaranteed if there's a kid in that age range, there's 10 times more Cars merchandise than anything else. And these kids are absolutely obsessed with it. Just cause it's not a popular choice for sequel among adults like us doesn't mean it's not a brilliant decision to make a sequel.

Colca on Jan 25, 2010

7

I agree with the others here… Cars is easily my least favorite Pixar movie. I know it is still popular with the kiddies, but the movie was pretty weak and really does not need a sequel. The one Pixar movie that SCREAMED sequel was The Incredibles… where is my Incredibles sequel??!!

Kevin on Jan 25, 2010

8

#6 got it right. You still see ass loads of Cars merchandise on the shelves EVERYWHERE, and believe it or not it's still selling. Cars was a merchandise peddling juggernaut that wipes out every other Pixar film in terms of sales.

They're simply cashing in and hoping that a more international version of Cars will get parents of other countries shelling out the same cash American parents are doing here for their kids.

The film is supposed to hop to locations around the world, I like the pick to use Japan as one of the locations.

Love it or hate it, Cars is hugely successful and that's what drives sequels. It makes total sense if you actually applied thought into it. If masterpieces of film were the only movies to get sequels we wouldn't have had Transformers 2… and soon Transformers 3.

Chris H. on Jan 25, 2010

9

My four year old nephew can't wait for this film, and the new Cars Land. I'm sure we will all be buying him more cars merchandise when the movie comes out.

Dan on Jan 25, 2010

10

I like to think that Pixar can do no wrong, but I really wish they weren't doing this.

FancyMonocle on Jan 25, 2010

Leave a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment