Monday, December 28, 2009

She's a model and she's looking good for a career boost on trip to America

She said: "I was walking along Carnaby Street in London after finishing one shoot and a woman started running down the street after me.

"She told me that a photographer called Paul Miller, who has shot for titles like Playboy, had seen me walk past and wanted my contact details.

"Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the camera with Paul and putting a portfolio together and, since then, I've been put in touch with some massive names.

"Another photographer called Keith Lander, who shoots for magazines like FHM and Maxim, saw the pictures and said he wanted to fly me to Miami to work with him."

Stephanie, who lives with her parents in Briars Gate, said she was now waiting for dates to be confirmed with Keith Lander and said she hoped to fly out for the shoot in the next two months.

She added: "It would be amazing if I was featured in magazines like those – modelling has always been a dream of mine and I think my meeting with Paul Miller shows that anything can happen."

Her modelling career started after she quit her job at NK Motors car dealership, in Pride Park, and did a number of amateur photo shoots.

She was then signed up to London-based modelling agency Mission Models after sending the firm her portfolio and started landing bigger jobs, such as the Aston Martin and Mini Cooper campaigns.

Stephanie will also be fronting the launch of an energy drink produced by fashion giants Tonino Lamborghini next year.

She said: "Modelling had always been an interest to me but it never really took off until I was 18, when I quit my job and started doing amateur shoots.

"It took a while for my career to get going and I was told a couple of times by some agencies that I would never make it. That was really hard to take and it does knock your confidence but, by then, I was so into it that I wasn't going to be beaten that easily.

"Modelling is not a hobby for me – it's a lifestyle, it's my passion and it's what I aspire to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment